Yesterday was super awesome! We got to the hospital and could barely believe our eyes; Olivia had no more breathing tubes on! They had taken her off the ventilator a little earlier and she has been doing great breathing on her own. She is still on some oxygen, but it's very little, I think 24 or so percent, and room air is 21 percent, so soon hopefully she will be off oxygen for good. They have also lowered her sedatives even further, and so she is much more awake. Julia got to come in and see her yesterday and thought it was so cool. She kept trying to give Olivia hugs and kisses, and kept pointing out how small everything was on the baby. They are very cute together and Julia talks about her little sister to anyone who will listen!
This morning we decided to skip the rounds for I think the first time and took Julia to the zoo to spend a little more quality "just her and us" time. Adam's little sister Jenna came with us. We had a good time spotting all the different animals. We went to the aquarium afterwards for lunch and of course the big wall of fish was a big hit. Julia sure loves her animals. Today is also a big day because I finally get to breastfeed Olivia if I can get her to stay awake long enough. (oh yeah, in case you didn't figure it out yet, this is Petra blogging, not Adam:) ha ha) She falls asleep as soon as I pick her up! We even gave her a bath (sponge bath, that is) first, and although usually that makes her really awake, she was OUT as soon as we were done and I sat down with her. How funny. She's been eating larger and larger amounts at every meal, and the nurses are amazed at how fast she just gulps her milk down so they think she shouldn't have too much of a problem getting a real feeding. She kind of attacks the bottle though, so we'll see what will be left of me after we try the real thing today!
Well, I guess that's about it for now, we're at the hospital still, Adam is holding Olivia and I think they are BOTH asleep now. You know how it is, everyone always tells you to sleep when the baby sleeps:) They sure look cute.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment