Saturday, May 24, 2008

New pics of Olivia

I gave Olivia another blessing last night. I couldn't sleep, so I came by at midnight for a bit. It is her 4th, but I guess you can;t have too many. It is the only thing I can do for her.

Today was a nice surprise. After Petra being able to hold Olivia for the first time yesterday, they let us bathe her today. She accepted the bath pretty well.

Her pulminary hypertension is pretty much gone. In the last ultrasound last night they could not measure the pressure, so that is good. Becasue of that, they have completely wenaed her off of the dopamine! Also, they removed one of the probes off of her hand that measured the oxygen before it went to the heart. Only one measurement is now needed post-heart. That also means one less alarm going off!

One more bit of good news today: They weaned her off of the NO2 about 5 minutes ago (12:30). So far so good. That is one less machine, and what the doctor called the "million dollar med". I guess insurance will be paying a lot for the last 7 days. Fine by me.

Here are some pics of yesterday and today. I will try to keep things up to date and more pics coming as I can find a computer to use at the hospital. We are excited to see what her face will actually look like.

The nurse just told us that if things keep progressing like they are then she will be tubeless (no more respirator) by the end of Monday.

Finally looking "normal". Her face is still swollen from all the fluids they are pumping in.


Petra's first chance to hold her. She had been waiting for this for 7 days. It was a good way to celebrate her first week.


We were able to give her a sponge bath on Day 8 (5/24). These are the first clean baby pictures. Her hair and eyebrows are really light, even though these pics make them look dark. In the light, it is a light brown. Like honey.

No comments: