Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Mommy's first post
I guess I should have been writing on here this whole time but it just has seemed way too hard until today. It was an AWESOME day. First of all, rounds went great as Adam already mentioned, all stats had stayed good and the night had been completely uneventful. When Adam got home, he told me the nurse had "ordered" some lotion so I could put it on Olivia! I know it seems like such a silly little thing, but for me, it's the most I've been able to do for her this whole time. I had mentioned how her little toes and feet were looking super dry, and lo and behold, I got to lotion her up at noon. Wow. It was so fun. I kept going and going untill the lotion wouldn't absorb anymore. My hands are still totally soft.:) Olivia liked it too, she kept extending her other little leg toward me when she thought I was done with the first one, and she even kept stretching her tiny toes apart so I could put lotion in between! SO CUTE! This is a good time to mention that she has my toes; they're really long and I can tell she will be able to pick things up with them. Julia can too! :) Adam calls them monkey toes. I mentioned it to the nurse and she thought it was hilarious because she has long toes also and apparently her mom used to call them monkey toes too. So later when we were there and Adam was "making fun" of Olivia's toes, I had another person on my side to tell Adam it's HIM who has weird toes! Anyway, that was funny. While we were there last time the doctor decided that it would be ok to go down on the sedatives again and turn the oxygen down another 5%. Yay! The nurse said that she thought that if Olivia kept progressing as fast as she has this last 24 hours, she might be off the ventilator altogether in about a week. That would be SO awesome. I am dying to feed her and hold her and all that good stuff. I know there are still a bunch of things that need to improve a lot, but it's nice to hear good news! Well I guess that's it for now. Thanks for all the encouraging emails and especially all the prayers. I know they're working!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment